Have you forgotten your WiFi password? Is there any way you that you can remember it? A hidden note perhaps where you wrote it down? Well, if you are using a smartphone like an Android device, you can only view the password only if you are rooted and installed a special application for that. Therefore, to find WiFi password is going to be difficult. But if you are using a Windows machine, then that is a different story.
Finding out the WiFi password in Windows laptop is pretty easy. You do not even have to install anything to see it. But you have to make sure that the laptop has previously connected to the WiFi network. All you need is to learn where it is and you can do it to any of your other Windows laptops as well. Just try not to use it to illegally hack into other people’s network. Such action is not encouraged here as that could lead to a negative impact on other people’s feelings towards you. So
How to Find WiFi Password on Windows 10
- The first thing to do is to get the Windows laptop that is already connected to the WiFi network that you need to find the password from.
- On the main desktop, find the WiFi icon on the right side of the taskbar. Go ahead, it is just right there sitting and waving at you.
- Once you find it, right-click on the icon and click on the Open Network and Sharing Center.
- A window will pop up and show your current internet connections.
- Click on the WiFi connection to show the WiFi status.
- On that window, you will find the Wireless Properties. Click on it to show a new window with the details of your WiFi connection.
- Click on the Security tab to reveal more details about your connection.
- On the new window, there is the Network Security Key. Below it is Show Characters. Tick on it to reveal the password of the WiFi.
- That’s it. That is how you find WiFi password on Windows 10. No hassle, easy, and safe way to retrieve your WiFi password.
You can do this same method with other Windows versions as well. All you have to do is follow the same exact instruction and you should be able to see your forgotten WiFi password.
This method also means that your WiFi password is also accessible to other people as well. So if you are to lend your laptop to neighbors or strangers, they could intentionally use the opportunity to gain access to your WiFi network.
You can log in at https://192.168.l.l then go to settings and see how many people are connected to your network and simply change the password there.
If that happens, change your password as soon as you get your laptop back just for security purpose. Your privacy, especially your loved ones’, is very important. Changing the password is much easier than put your network at risk.
If you have questions regarding this topic, do not hesitate to ask it in the comment section. Or perhaps, if you have other topics that you want us to discuss as well, just leave a request in the comment section. And if you have friends or you know someone that wants to learn this easy way to retrieve their WiFi password, feel free to share this with them. Let’s help out others as we have helped you.